Sara Firth, an RT correspondent, resigned Tuesday morning over the Kremlin-funded network's coverage of the Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 disaster in the Ukraine.
I resigned from RT today. I have huge respect for many in the team, but I'm for the truthhttp://ift.tt/WhFwVP
— Sara Firth (@Sara__Firth) July 18, 2014
Firth told BuzzFeed that she felt it was "disrespectful" to blame the Ukraine for the disaster
“When this story broke I ran back into the newsroom and saw how we were covering it already and I just knew I had to go,” Firth said. “It was the total disregard to the facts."
Flight 17 was shot down over eastern Ukraine on Thursday with 298 people on board. Ukraine’s Security Service Chief Valentyn Nalyvaichenko was quick to point to finger at Russia, saying he had “unconditional evidence” that Russia was involved in downing the plane. He blamed pro-Russian rebels for the attack. Russia, in turn, blamed Kiev for not pulling back its operation in the region. Read more...
More about Media, Rt, Business, Ukraine, and Malaysian Plane Crash
from MashableTodd Wasserman








0 comments:
Post a Comment