Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Eric Cantor Steps Down as House Majority Leader After Stunning Primary Loss

http://ift.tt/1l28bIV // Cantor-press-resignation

Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.) reflected on his shocking primary defeat and announced he was stepping down as House majority leader Wednesday afternoon.


"While I intend to serve out my term as a member of Congress, effective July 31 I will be stepping down as majority leader," Cantor said at a press conference in the basement of the Capitol.



In his brief press conference, Cantor reflected on his loss and called the defeat a setback, saying, "Growing up in the Jewish faith, you learned a lot about individual setbacks. Each setback is an opportunity and there’s always opportunity in the future. While I may have suffered a personal setback last night, I could not be more optimistic about the future of the country." Read more...


More about Politics, Congress, and Cantor



from MashableBrian Ries
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment