Thursday, June 12, 2014

All Things Weird And Great About Blood Donation You Probably Didn't Know In One Infographic

Allow me to start off by saying it’s beyond shameful that the policy in the U.S. specifically bans blood donations from men who have had sex with other men. Even the American Medical Association opposes it, saying it's discriminatory and not sound science. But as regrettable as that rule is, donating blood if you’re eligible is a wonderful thing. I’m biased because I’m a long-time blood donor, but if you meet the criteria, I highly encourage you to become one yourself. And the infographic below provides umpteen reasons to become a blood-donating rock star.







Infographic comes from InsuranceQuotes.com and was designed by NowSourcing. I’ve pre-Googled “donate blood near me” because the best place to donate blood depends on where you live. And here’s a link to the FDA, so you can let them know how you feel about their inane policy (feel free to remind them the American Medical Association is on your side). Last but not least, there is a National Gay Blood Drive on July 11, 2014, that looks like a stellar way to take action on this issue.






from Upworthy http://ift.tt/SDJJRe

via IFTTThttp://ift.tt/1v5JJIq
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment