Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Want friendlier flight attendants? That'll cost you

http://ift.tt/1abSZ8A // Flight_attendant

"Friendlier service doesn’t cost a thing."


That’s what one travel writer said, after complaining about an experience on board a flight recently. But as a flight attendant with years of experience, my first thought was: Yes. It does.


Whenever I speak to people about what I do for a living, most seem to assume the money is pretty good. I did, too, before I became a flight attendant.



Despite the reputation of the job, there’s nothing glamorous about life as a flight attendant, especially in the first few years. New flight attendants who work for major carriers start out making $18,000-$20,000 a year. Flight attendants at smaller airlines and regional carriers? They make even less. Read more...


More about Airlines, Air Travel, Lifestyle, Travel Leisure, and Flight Attendants



from MashableHeather Poole
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment