Sunday, May 11, 2014

Is Walmart Amazing Or Awful? This Architect's Pothead Friends Know The Answer.

According to this architect, if city government had just asked my farmer grandma for some acre-by-acre advice about making a profit, she could’ve saved her town (and mine!).


It gets good at 5:19, when this architect empowers us citizens to think of ourselves and our city completely differently. Then the weed question that comes up at at 7:19 is like WHAT?! ... And then it gets very "MONEYBALL" right around 7:39-8:17.






This TEDx Talk is by Joseph Minicozzi at TEDxAsheville. You can find more from him at StrongTowns on Twitter and the company he works for, Urban3.


I first went in search of this video after I read this article on Slate: "Wal-mart, an economic cancer on our cities" because I'm all sorts of interested in history preservation and making cool and happy cities.






from Upworthy http://ift.tt/1grUmfW

via IFTTThttp://ift.tt/eA8V8J
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment