Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What's on the Line in the Biggest Boxing Fights Early in 2015

Like most boxing fans, I was very ready to kick 2014 out the door and welcome in 2015.


The 2014 boxing calendar for the most part was very lackluster and offered more mismatches, with the elite boxers facing guys who didn't have a prayer of winning those high-level 50-50 matchups that get fans excited and willing to spend their money.


I will fight people who claim that the sport is dying, but years like 2014 sure don't do boxing any favors. Not only do the matchups we saw last year fail to bring in the casual sports audience or make any new fans, but they also frustrate the hardcore fans like you and me who are eager to see great fights.


Who knows what will be put on the schedule from May until the end of the year, but so far the first several months of 2015 look promising without even a Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight being finalized; for the record I don't think that mega-fight gets made.


Lots at stake in those big upcoming matches which I'll break down over the following pages.


Begin Slideshow


//



from Bleacher Report http://ift.tt/1E0YZ03

via IFTTT January 20, 2015 at 07:36PM
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment