Thursday, January 8, 2015

I bought a fake Apple Watch for $27 at CES

http://ift.tt/1BFrNJc // Fake_chinese_apple_watch-13

LAS VEGAS— It will likely be at least two months before the highly anticipated Apple Watch hits shelves, but at least one company has already made a knockoff.


In the back of one of the smaller halls at CES, a Chinese company was showing off fake Apple Watches. So, naturally, I bought one.



The watch, created by Shenzhen-based Hyperdon is actually called "Smart Watch," and it almost looks like the real deal — at least, upon first glance.


The watch's screen only displays when it's turned on, and many of its icons are blatant ripoffs of Apple designs. The pairing process took a few tries, but once connected to my iPhone 6, I was able to make phone calls and play music through the watch. It even vibrates when I get a call. Read more...


More about Gadgets, Apple, Tech, Ces, and Smartwatches



from MashableKarissa Bell
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment