Thursday, September 18, 2014

Duke Basketball: Reasons We're Excited for Next Season

As a lifelong Duke fan, I am going through a completely new experience.


Usually Duke fans spend late summer/early fall counting the days until the first basketball game, hitting the message boards to talk some trash and researching the next crop of recruits. I usually spend the entire fall dreaming of basketball games, but this year is a little different.


Duke’s newfound football success is introducing Devils fans to all sorts of new experiences. Never before have we cheered for an underdog or had the opportunity to get mad because our undefeated team is receiving no national attention.


We’re relishing this role and the fun that comes with it. I’ve been saying things like “I think we have three NFL wide receivers on the team” and “we have the best secondary in the conference” constantly to the many UNC and two NC State fans in Durham over the past few weeks.


For the first time ever I am slightly distracted from the upcoming basketball season. When I do think about it, I worry about a repeat of last year’s performance and another early upset in March.


While cheering on the football team is great fun, I will always be more passionate about the basketball team. Even though the start of the basketball season is not quite at the front of my mind yet, when I do think about the team I get excited about this year for a lot of reasons.


Begin Slideshow


//



from Bleacher Report http://ift.tt/1BRgk8n

via IFTTT September 18, 2014 at 01:30PM
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment