Thursday, October 30, 2014

Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'I’m proud to be gay'

http://ift.tt/1tlsWRf // Tim-cook

Apple CEO Tim Cook has, for the first time, written publicly about his sexual orientation in an essay published in Businessweek Thursday


"I’m proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me," Cook writes


Cook says in the essay that for years he has been open with many people about his sexual orientation. "Plenty of colleagues at Apple know I’m gay, and it doesn’t seem to make a difference in the way they treat me."


He adds that while he never denied his sexuality, he had not publicly acknowledged it either.


Writing about his motivation to discuss his sexuality publicly, the Apple boss cites Dr. Martin Luther King's quote: Read more...


More about Apple, Sexual Orientaion, Tim Cook, Us World, and World



from MashableBlathnaid Healy
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment