Myths debunked. Feminism!
There's a lot of really great quotes in here, but here are some highlights:
On understanding what feminism means:
On the recent popularity of the feminist movement:
Although I'd say feminism is a big deal, I don't think it should be a big deal to call yourself a feminist.
On using the word "feminist" to describe yourself:
Mad respect for all the work done by the suffragettes who came before us. Especially because they were snarky as hell.
On why "feminism" and not "humanism" or "egalitarianism":
(I also recommend checking out this great article on the subject.)
And on the importance of intersectionality:
Intersectionality in·ter·sec·tion·al·i·ty (noun) the interconnected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, and gender as they apply to a given individual or group, regarded as creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage.
Video by Wayward Films. Featuring Lauren Fairweather, Mia, Hannah Witton, Kat Blaque, and Melissa A. Fabello.
from Upworthy http://ift.tt/16Rw5BY
via IFTTThttp://ift.tt/1B393Be








0 comments:
Post a Comment