Thursday, December 18, 2014

A picture about tech addiction won National Geographic's 2014 photo contest

http://ift.tt/13igNUC // 02_2014-09-29_282148_nature-1

This year's National Geographic photo contest winner highlights humans in the wild (read: public transportation) doing what they do best: staring at their cellphones


The winning image, titled "A Node Glows in the Dark," was taken by Brian Yen in Ocean Park, Hong Kong



"I feel a certain contradiction when I look at the picture," Yen told National Geographic. "On the one hand, I feel the liberating gift of technology. On the other hand, I feel people don’t even try to be neighborly anymore, because they don’t have to."


Yen's image also happens to recall London-based photographer Babycakes Romero's "Death of a Conversation" photo series, which went viral earlier this year Read more...


More about Photography, National Geographic, Media, Watercooler, and Pics



from MashableNeha Prakash
Share this post
  • Share to Facebook
  • Share to Twitter
  • Share to Google+
  • Share to Stumble Upon
  • Share to Evernote
  • Share to Blogger
  • Share to Email
  • Share to Yahoo Messenger
  • More...

0 comments:

Post a Comment