High school phenom Josh Sweat left Friday night's game on a stretcher after sustaining a leg injury.
Sweat, the nation's No. 1 recruit according to 247Sports, was removed from Oscar Smith's game against Western Branch in a frightening scene for the defensive end.
The Virginian-Pilot's Jami Frankenberry showed the team gathering around its star as he was placed inside an ambulance, via MaxPreps.com.
According to 757Teamz, the senior gave a thumbs up while on the stretcher.
Evan G. Watkins of 247Sports noted that, while there's no official status, the injury appeared significant.
VirginiaPrep.com's Matthew Hatfield shed some more light on Sweat's injury.
The 6'5", 240-pound defensive end has drawn rave reviews over his years at Oscar Smith. Before the season began, he told Michael Clark of Scout.com that he feels poised to end his high school days in style.
"I think I've gotten a lot better in the offseason," he said. "I've worked harder than I ever have and I feel like I'm going to take the next step as a player this season."
Stay tuned for more updates on Sweat's injury.
from Bleacher Report http://ift.tt/Xy2F6q
via IFTTT September 19, 2014 at 06:07PM








0 comments:
Post a Comment